One

1865 Words
       Swords clanked together as the two women fought for Sigurd. Dusty, Egil, Halvard and Torsten stood by Eira and Ralph as they watched their sister fight Alva with anticipation. Brynjar stood next to Sigurd, watching as well. He turned to his older brother, who was holding Elijah in his arms.          "It came to a surprise for you, huh?" Brynjar asked his brother.       "I never expected this to happen." Sigurd told him, not taking his eyes off of the battle.        "Who do you want to win?"         Sigurd turned to his baby brother and smiled. Brynjar laughed at his brother's facial expression.         "Even though he's not her responsibility, I felt a loving bond between Elijah and Leora." Sigurd said. "That's something I was scared of."      "Him being scared of her?"      Sigurd nodded his head. Of course, that was something to be scared of since Elijah needed to feel comfortable around someone who wanted to be apart of him and his father's life. Elijah turned his head to the pits and whimpered when he saw Leora fighting with Alva. Brynjar patted Elijah's head, then he turned to his wife. Eira glanced at her husband and gave him a smile. She was nervous about the whole situation. She loved her sister and she had just gotten on good terms with Alva. However, her sister wanted Sigurd and seeing how her sister was with Elijah, she knew her sister would be the right person for Sigurd.       "Have faith in your sister." Ralph told Eira. "She was trained by your brother for a reason."    "I just hope she could give Sigurd what he wants." Eira told him.      Ralph watched his daughter in the Pits, swinging her blade the way Dusty taught her. Alva forced Leora before she blew a huge stream of flames at the Wiccan. Leora ducked and moved out of the way from the flames. Leora held her sword up in the air. Alva chuckled at the Wiccan as she watched her press her back against the wall.     "Scared of fire, huh?" Alva asked her.   "Anybody who didn't move out of  the way of fire was stupid, especially someone who lacked a dragon's abilities." Leora said.   "Hm, since you're bold enough to try to take what's mine, I hope you're able to handle yourself in here!"     As soon as those words left Alva's mouth, another stream of flames left the dragoness's mouth. Leora moved off the wall, avoiding the flames once more. The loud cheers from the crowd were deafening. Sigurd kept his eyes on the two as they continued to fight on. Alva and Leora battled it out, not worrying about anybody. Leora brought her sword down on Alva, only for her to get it kicked from her hand and then a fist to her jaw. Leora groaned and the blood taste came onto her tongue. Leora spit the blood onto the dirt before she glanced over at Alva. That caught Eira's attention and it made her realize that Alva was out for blood. She was trying her best to kill he sister at any cost. Eira walked over to her husband and Brynjar turned his head to her.   "She's trying to kill her." Eira told him. "Can't you stop this?" "I'm sorry, love." Brynjar said. "It's either death or surrender." "How could you make that rule?" "My love, that's what a Holmgang is." "I don't like it, one bit." "Then, go be with our son."   A loud scream came from the Pits, causing Eira and Brynjar to turn their attention to it. Leora placed her hand against her stomach, glaring at Alva. Dusty was pissed. He taught Leora a lot those three days and she was not doing none of them. Torsten turned to his older brother and sighed.   "She'll remember." He told Dusty. "When?" Dusty asked. "When she's f*****g dead?" "Brother, give her time. Knowing Leora, she has something under her sleeve."   Torsten was right. Leora did have a plan. She needed Alva to draw blood from her and now that she was cut, the spell she kept whispering to herself was finally complete. Leora moved her hand and glanced down at the blood the covered the palm of her hand. A smile came onto Leora's face as she slowly glanced over at Alva. Alva stared at Leora, wondering what she was smiling about.   "Thank you." Leora told her.    Leora kneeled down and as soon as her bloody hand pressed into the dirt, a burst of energy shot through her like cannons. The energy she was filled with suddenly moved down to her hand where she was ready to release the spirits around her. Alva looked around, nervously. Sigurd and Brynjar continued to watch. They knew something was going on since the air around them, thickened. Eira recognized the feel in the air. She witnessed it a long time ago when she was a little girl. That was the same spell, no doubt. The spell that only Leora knew. The spell of the Deadly Spirits. That spell stirred every Dragonborn in that area. Sigurd's dragon awakened from the powerful aura that spell gave off. Brynjar's dragon awakened as well. That spell.... I recognize it...   "What is it?" Brynjar asked him. The Spell of Deadly Spirits is a spell that should never be messed with. It must be her special ability as a Wiccan...   Brynjar turned back to Leora, monitoring her, closely. Leora stood back up and a moment later, the Spirits she had awaken was lined up next to her. She knew Alva wanted her dead. However, she couldn't lose that battle. She wanted a family and she felt Elijah and Sigurd would fit the family she had always wanted. Plus the many more to come from him. Alva stood there, staring at the figures next to Leora, a worried feeling rising inside of her. The way those Spirits stood let her know that they were not just ordinary Spirits. A small smile formed on Leora's face.   "I won't let you win this battle." Leora told her.  "Over a f*****g man and a child that's not yours?" Alva asked her. "How f*****g desperate are you?"   Leora held her hand out towards Alva and the Spirits got in their fighting stance.   "I'm pretty damn desperate." Leora told her. "Since you're trying to kill me, just know that I won't hold nothing back."   Alva raised her sword out to Leora, a frown plastered on her face that time. She wanted to see what the Wiccan could offer her.   "Then, show me what you got." Alva told her. "But, I promise you this. Once you are in my grasp, I will kill you in front of your pathetic family and my dumb husband as well. Then, let's see if he'll want you after I destroy that beautiful face of yours."   Leora snapped her fingers and the Spirits charged. Alva charged at Leora at the same time, but stopped when the Spirits became invisible to even her own eyes. She scanned around, looking for them. She glanced down, hoping to get a hint of their movement. However, that spell was different. It gave off no type of tracks and it was silent to a mortal and Dragon's ears. Thinking that Leora gave off a weak spell that did nothing, Alva tried to charge at the Wiccan until she a sudden sting was placed on her right side. Alva bent over as an excruciating pain came over here. The slice from the Spirit was not a normal hit and Alva was aware of it now. Another slice came on her other side and Alva released a loud scream. Leora held her hand out, causing the Spirits to stop before another attack. Alva dropped to the ground, breathing hard. She held both her sides, glaring at Leora.    "What was that?" Alva asked. "The Deadly Spirits." Leora said. "You brought your flames and I brought my spell."   Leora walked over to Alva, but she kept her distance.    "I knew you wanted me dead the moment you released your flames." Leora told her. "You f*****g Wiccans irk me and then, you come along, trying to destroy my relationship!" "Your relationship was already done."   Alva glared at Leora with hatred. She hated Leora with a passion.    "I want you to surrender." Leora told her. "I'm not giving you shit." Alva said. "As much as I want you dead, I can't do that. Sigurd and Elijah want to see you live, I'm sure."   Alva hissed from the pain from her two wounds that were not trying to heal.   "To be honest, you're just relieving me of my duties as a wife and mother." Alva said. "Trust me, he's not worth it."   Leora waved her hand, causing the Spirits to stand by. She, then turned to Sigurd, who held Elijah close to him. Sigurd looked from Alva to Leora.    "They both are, actually." Leora told her.  "Why would you love two that never was yours in the first place? Elijah is a handful and all I could do is hate Sigurd for giving him to me. He's a f*****g crybaby and I never loathed anyone before in my life until I married Sigurd and had Elijah."   Leora snapped her head in Alva's direction. The words she was saying was painful to hear and Leora was angry.    "Your son has done nothing wrong and your husband is an amazing guy." Leora told her. "How dare you insult them in front of me?" "Then, you deal with him. Him and our son is a vain of my existence."    Sigurd was livid. Hearing his wife talk about him and his son like that was a low blow. Yeah, our son was sensitive, but he was young. That was something he needed to work on. However, he never regretted his son. Balling his fists up, Sigurd felt his blood boil within him. He watched as Alva slowly gotten up off the ground, still clutching her sides.    "I will be dealing with him." Leora told her.   She waved her hand and the Spirits stood in their stance once more. As much as he wanted to watch her suffer, he couldn't let Leora kill her. Sigurd turned to Brynjar and shook his head.   "Stop it." He told his brother.  "That's not how it works." Brynjar told him. "You can't do this for me? I'm asking you from brother to brother."   Brynjar stared at his older brother before he sighed and held his hand up. Leora saw the movement and with a quick wave of her hand, the Spirits disappeared. Alva glanced at Sigurd, who glared at her with disgust. He held Elijah in his arms as he walked off. Brynjar watched his older brother storm off, then he turned back to the two women.   "Alva, I would kick you out of the clan, but that would be a fun punishment for you, so I'm going to keep you in it." Brynjar told her. "However, you lose not only your husband, but your child as well. And your last name is no longer my family's. You go back to your family name."   Brynjar grabbed Eira's hand and the two of them walked off. Leora turned to Dusty, who gave her a nod before him and the other three walked off. Leora turned to Alva and huffed before she, too, departed back to the Castle. She needed to check on Sigurd. 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD