Dimitri, The Bodyguard.

1378 Words
I was sitting on my bed, while Dimitri was sitting in front of me on the sofa. Cole had brought me to one of the guest rooms and gave me some clothes. I showered myself and changed my clothes. I don't know what I should do here. All-day long I was sitting on this bed thinking about my future. Where will I be in the future? What will I do? All my thoughts eventually go to Enzo, What would have happened if I didn't see him there? What would happen if I didn't go to that restaurant in the first place? I feel like I am drowning and there is no hope of being saved. The blackness of my memories starts to spread through my mind, clouding my thoughts and taking me back to places I never wanted to revisit. His voice, His face, His touches everything was coming back to me. I know I should hate him for what he has done to me but why can't I? Why can't I hate him? Why am I like this? He destroyed my trust in him and my self-esteem. Why did I meet him, why did I fall in love with him? He doesn't love me, and Everything that happened between us was a setup. I don't know how many times I have said this to myself but This isn't making me hate him. Why? Why can't I hate him? All of a sudden, Dimitri barked at me, making me flinch. I glanced at the dog, and he was tilting his head sideways; I felt something falling on my hands and I realized it was my tears. I quickly wiped them and smiled at him, He barked at me as a reply. I stood up from the bed and walked out of the room, Dimitri was following me behind. I cannot sit alone in that room. If I do, all his memories will not leave me alone and won't let me be without crying my eyes out. I walked through the hallway and heard a feminine voice shouting at someone, "What!" "Where is he?" "Answer me?" She screamed. I walked towards the stairs and cautiously stepped down the stairs without her noticing me. I hear her screaming and yelling at Cole but he wasn't affected at all, He was just giving her normal replies. Her back was facing me, her back looked good, it was good to look at. "Don't make me ask you again Cole, Tell me where is he?" The lady said in a firm tone, Cole glanced at her and said "I don't know Ms. Flora, He didn't tell us anything." "Where the hell…" she stopped her sentence in mid-air while turning around and looking at me, Her eyes travelled from my feet to up till it met my eyes again. She turned to look at Cole, "Is this her?" She asked. "Yes, Miss Flora," Cole replied. She turned to me and walked over. She grabbed my hand "Please come with me, dear" she said while dragging me with her. We climbed up the stairs and walked to a guest room. She opened the door and led me in and closed the door behind while turning around to face me. She walked over to me and took my hands in her with a concerned expression. "Did they hurt you, dear?" She asked, "No," I said nervously. She took a deep breath, "My name is Flora Tate, you can call me Flora dear I'm a housekeeper here," "Hello, Nice to meet you...My name is Venessa Fra...Foster," I nervously smiled at her hoping she didn't hear. She smiled and replied "I know you're Francisco, Lorenzo's wife. Don't worry Nobody will harm you here, I promise you'll be safe, Trust me, dear." I nodded in reply; She touched my cheek and smiled. "When did he bring you here?" She asked, "3 days back," I replied. "Did he tell you why he brought you here?" "No" "Hm...He will not tell you if he doesn't want you to know the reason behind this Or else he never does this kind of thing, I know him, he's a man with a good heart. Maybe he has his own reasons for keeping you here," she said, "He did tell me that he would let me know everything at the right time," I said, "Then you should wait for the right time, Trust me. He will never hurt someone like you," she said while hugging me. Trust, I hate this word. This has a very bad effect on me. After what Enzo has done, I have decided to never trust anyone, I'm not going to do the same thing and get hurt all over again. I will never trust anyone other than myself. I have to wait for a good chance to escape from here and all I need is to make a plan and for that, I should learn more about this place. In this process, Flora is the only key. I have to stay and act as I trust them and as soon as I get a chance I'll get the hell out of here. She released me, "Come let's have dinner together," she said while turning back and opening the door, She stepped outside and suddenly stopped. Curiously I looked over and saw Dimitri waiting outside the door, "Dimitri, what are you doing here?" She asked stroking his head, he wagged his tail. "Come let's go," she said to the dog, and we walked to the living room, while she walked to the kitchen and tied a white and black apron, Dimitri followed me to the dining table. I pulled the chair out and sat down on it. He sat beside me. I turned to look at Flora who was chopping the vegetables and making dinner for us. She looks like she's in her 40's, Tall, brunette, dimpled smile. She's very polite and has a positive aura which makes everyone feel comfortable around her. I can see Cole and other bodyguards respecting her. Even when she was screaming and yelling at Cole, He was quietly listening to her. It only proves that she has been with them for a long time. She served us dinner and sat down opposite to me, I started digging in. "Why is Dimitri following you around?" She asked. I looked up from my food to her, "um...Nikolai put him as my bodyguard," I replied to her looking at the dog who was staring at me, I put my tongue out at him and in result earned a growl from him. Flora chuckled, "Why did he do that?" "I tried to run away from here so; he put Dimitri behind me," "Oh dear, Did he try to bite you?" "Well, He chased but didn't bite me," I said. She shook her head, "Dimitri has a habit of chasing people if they don't listen to Nikolai...He chases them until they agree with him." "Wow, Very good, You have a very decent job, Dimitri," I said, clapping my hands. I don't know whether he understood what I said or not because the next thing I know he stood up and walked towards me and barked at me, He then turned around, walked to a corner and lay there and turned around without looking at him us. Confused at him I turned to look at Flora, She shook her head and said "You hurt his feelings" I turned to look at him; He turned his head again. "Oh! Drama Queen," I muttered while taking the dish in front of me. After my dinner, I helped Flora in cleaning the table and walked to my bedroom. Dimitri even followed me to the room, even though he was angry with me he still didn't ignore his job ordered by his master, Nikolai. For that, I should praise him. I turned around and faced Dimitri, "What?! Are you going to come inside too," He growled at me as a reply, "Oh god somebody saves me from this dog!" I groaned and led him in. He jumped onto the sofa, and I walked to my bed, I climbed onto my bed and pulled the covers onto me. I quickly drifted off to my sleep.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD