Worst Nightmare

1588 Words
C H A P T E R O N E (Cleo Marie's POV) The kiss of the sun from the window wakes me up in my dream. As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw a nightmare. His wide lips, wavy hair and his perfume make me drive crazy, his hands were covering his eyes, and the one was around me. The smell of his breath was the same as a glass of Mojito we drank last night, and his breath took away mine. That day I knew I fell in love with a stranger. He moved his hands, revealing his thin almond eyes. He pushed me away, and I realised I should get up and get dressed before he woke up. I slowly removed the white blanket wrapped around my body and took my dress on. I tied my hair and had my last glimpse of the six-packs abs that weren't covered. As he woke up, I walked towards the door and called. “Hey, Miss Drunk Girl in a yellow dress. Where are you supposed to be running?” I was shocked, but I didn’t face him and was still holding the knob. It was as if cold water had been poured on me. I answered, “I wasn’t running. I am about to leave.” And left the room quietly. As I walked down the pub, I realised he woke up first before me and pretended to be sleeping while staring at him. I palm-faced myself as I was leaving the area thoroughly. This was the first time I had a One Night Stand, and I can say. It was good, and I want to do it again. I texted Vianna that I would be there within 30 minutes. I called a cab and headed to my best friend’s house, six houses apart from ours. I can see my best friend standing on a cold at 7 in the morning, holding his puppy Mochi and waiting for me. I reached her for the coffee I had brought from the coffee shop I passed along the way, and we entered the house. I can see her face that she’s so excited about what I was going to tell her. She gave me her silly smile while we were sitting on the couch. Then she started asking lots of questions. “How was the guy from last night? Was he hot? Is he good in bed? Is he a good kisser? Do you Top him? Tell me everything.” Vianna’s overwrought voice was entirely enough to say that she was so excited. I just replied oddly. “It was good.” I could feel my cheeks burning red, and she started to notice and tease me. I took a sip of my coffee then the doorbell rang. Tita Theresa, Vianna’s mother, opened the door, and my mom’s eyes were dead-drop looking at me. Suddenly, a thought came to my mind that I didn’t ask my mom for permission to go out with Vianna last night. Vianna whispered to me. “I’m sorry.” And yes, I still have my curfews at the age of 22. My mother, Jaci, flogged me three times on my left arm. She was scolding me for not asking permission and for not coming home last night. I shouted with pain as she hit me continuously. “Ma, you’re hurting me!” I cry and beg Mom to stop. "Why are you wearing a man's jacket? Where have you been last night?" Mom said I didn't notice that I was wearing a black hooded jacket with blue, yellow and red accents on its pockets. It left me shocked. "And why you're not wearing your glasses?" Mom added. "They go…" Via cut her mom when Tita Theresa was about to confess about the party we attended last night. Via pushed her mother towards the kitchen and said, "We'll make you a coffee, Tita Jaci." as they walked, pushing Tita Theresa. Tita Theresa was confused. "Please, don't bother Via. I just came here to get my stubborn daughter who forgot that she still has a curfew." Mom replied politely as she pinched the hoody I wore, making me follow her, going home. As we were walking outside, I stopped my mom and said, "Ma, I have something to tell you." "Yes, you should tell me everything." Mom replied philosophically. Then she entered first at our Black Gate. "You go first to your room and take a warm shower. I know you're tired. I'll prepare your breakfast." My mom told me as she saw my gloomy and tired face. She is so caring and the best mom for both of my sisters. I went upstairs and entered my room. It's so peaceful and calm in my haven. I laid my exhausted body on my soft, warm and cosy bed. I closed my eyes and tried to remember the party last night and the guy I met and had s*x with. The thought of a stranger makes me blush. His breath is as fragrant as mojito, his lips as red as a cherry, his eyes are driving me crazy and wanna fall for him, the smell of his hair, his skin touching mine, his arms around me, his kiss, his touch, his… I must be getting crazy! I grabbed my pillow and shouted out loud so mom wouldn't hear. I can't control what I'm feeling right now. I picked myself up, took a deep breath and sighed. I sat down, and I saw his face; wherever I looked, it was his lips that were killing me. I stood up and went to my closet to grab my clothes. I entered the shower and freshened myself up. Fifteen minutes of warm shower cools my mind. I wear my shirt, and PJ's on, blow my hair dry and wait for mom to come. As I lay on my bed, the corner of my eye saw the hoody jacket I had worn earlier. I looked at the hoody to see if I could get identification to return it to the actual owner- and to know the guy I made s*x with. I found a calling card, and I couldn't read it because I was not wearing my contact lenses, and my glasses were missing. Maybe I left it in my car. So I just put it in my wallet, and I'll read it later on. I put aside the jacket. Mom entered my room. "Knock, knock!" I can see her smiling while carrying the breakfast she made for me. It was warm fresh milk, toasted bread with jam and pancakes. She's awesome. I stood up to help her, but she refused, so I just sat down. Mom put the tray on my bed. I was about to say sorry when she said, "Nah, a.. a.. ah! Don't say a word. You should eat first so you can gain your energy back." I smiled and took my first bite on my pancake; I sliced ​​more pancakes and handed them to Mom. I drank up all the milk and finished my breakfast. I faced mom and said, "Ma, Thank You for breakfast, and I'm sorry for last night. I know you'll be mad at me because Via and I went to a party last night without asking your permission. And Ma, I'm sorry. I broke your first rule. I got drunk, and hmm.." I was nervous confessing that I had... "a one-night-stand?" Mom completed what I was about to say. It made me teary and guilty for what I did to mom. I know sorry won't fix everything. I said my sincere apology, "Ma, please be mad at me. I will accept all your words for me. I won't use my car for one month as a punishment. I will not go out every Friday. I promise to stay grounded. You can also cut half of my allowance. I…" A laugh cut my words. "You're crazy! Of course, I'm not mad at you. I already forgive you when you said sorry." A sigh of relief came out. I feel a bit guilty about my mother's patience and understanding despite my stubbornness. I hugged her tight and asked, "Is it true, Ma, you’re not mad at me? I will still not use my car for a month as a punishment." I heard mom laughing and hugged me back. She faced me, with her angelic smile and sparkling eyes, "I once fell in love with a stranger, and I know exactly how it feels. It's not the usual feeling we feel when we're nervous. It's the happiness in our hearts. This guy is my first love, and I still remember him every day." Her face was as bright as the morning sun. One man I was thinking of is my Dad. She still loves him even though they got divorced and separated. Eight years ago. Her beautiful smile faded when she asked me why I was not wearing my glasses. I also came to think I might have left it in the pub. "I left in the car Ma. I'll get it later," I told her I left it in my car, but I lied. Then she stood up and kissed my forehead. "Take a beautiful rest, my darling. Tomorrow is Monday, and you must feel excited about school." She walked towards the door and left the door ajar. I am thankful for my mom. I smiled and dozed off to sleep.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD