Chapter 2 : Bizarre as He Appears

1293 Words
Lorcan's POV Bzzzzz..... bzzzzz I woke up to the irritating sound of the alarm. The situation got worse after I felt something was quivering, thanks to the phone's vibration technology. With my eyes still fully closed, I grasp the device and turned it off quickly. Getting only almost 8 hours of sleep is disturbing. I need at least 12 hours so I could get that much energy I need for this day. The day I despise the most. Well, I despise almost everything that is existing in this floating sphere. Do not get me wrong. I don't mind existing. But existing with this tilted-circle full of buffoons and ungrateful species is what gets me everytime. I'm just waiting for the day where I can rest for the rest of my life. I am not expecting this day to be any better. I'm actually assuming it to be one of the worst. People who don't go to the same university as mine thinks that the vicinity is full of marvelous creations. Little did they know that they have the same mindset as most of the students here. How lame! The main entrance is unusually crowded this morning. How come they approved these type of clowns in here? Judging by how they talk and stare at one another, I already know that most of them are troublemakers and will only bring the university's eminence to it's downfall. I don't wanna wait here watching for the gate to open. So... "I don't know what kind of trick you did this time just to enter the school when the gate is still closed. You're usually the one who's always late and do not attend meetings most of the time," the full-fledged man with slicked back hair uttered. "Sir," I said with seemingly polite voice. "Can we just get straight to business so we can finish this thing early? I did what I did so we can organize this efficiently." He sighed. "You really can't be reprimanded. Well, I can do nothing if that's where you stand for. Anyways, we're still waiting for your colleague. She's coming in 3 minutes." I stood and walk forward the vending machine inside his office. I can confidently say that this is the only useful vending machine in the school. The ones that are outside are just pure garbage with loads of flavored sparkling water in them. Sipping my cherished canned ice coffee is one of the reasons why I'm still breathing. The sweet-bitter scent is glorious. You can feel the immaculate liquid inside dripping down your throat. It's probably safe to say that this day was not a total rip-off at all. I'm drinking the last remainings of my coffee when the door suddenly opened, "Good morning, Sir." "Am I late?" she asked awkwardly looking at both of us. "No, definitely not. Lorcan just arrived earlier than you but both made it on time," the teacher replied. She glance at me for a second probably wondering how unusual of me comfortably sitting here so early. "Glad to hear that, Sir. About the envelopes. Are we going to distribute it to the students one by one?" What? How are we suppose to do that? There's like hundreds of students in this university and there's only 3 of us. Too much leg work and it's not even worth it. "How about we just put the envelopes in a table placed in the center of the gymnasium and let them grab their own? 'Cause that would take us years to distribute the copy in hundreds of students. We're not even sure if they have something that's going to be useful in the future," I said still holding the empty can in my right hand. A smirk slowly arose the man's face, "I knew that you will say that so I come up with an idea yesterday. I just need a favor from the two of you," he finished the sentence while looking directly at me. I don't know what to feel about this. _______________________________________ Did he really think that standing in front the sea of students is hard for me to do? Hell no, I only don't like the fact that we're just stucked in here watching people's infuriating reaction about it. The cheers when he did the greetings, lame. The applause when he said about the face-to-face thingy, unrealistic. I almost let out a laugh seeing their expressions when he said about the prize of deciphering a code. But that's the goal, we need a person who has a capability and will of doing something earning nothing. I come up with this idea 3 weeks prior to this day. We need to turn someone off especially the useless ones that are only gonna do it in exchange for something. To those who will pass, we will still do an exercise to see if they have a strong potential. I am expecting at least 1 person to show up later at the exact place. "........ the tones will bring you to the key." _______________________________________ Boredom at it's finest. The thing I despise the most? Classes. This is so freaking unnecessary for making every students life miserable. Recitation. Quizzes. Writing things. I don't understand this type of education system. You can't even pick the exact lesson you want to learn. You're forced to pass different topics that you're most likely not gonna use for your job in the next chapter. Beep...beep My phone oozed a tiny sound with a text message on the screen. Reading it was such a delight. Finally. I rapidly take a grip of my things. Then walk as fast as I can towards his office. I was lost of words after I see another familiar face on the opposite side of the door. A guy with parted hair, approximately the same height as mine wearing a broad smile is in here. This jerk.... I took a sit beside my colleague who's unaware of this guy's history. She probably didn't know about him at all. "Ehemm.. So, you already know each other right? I don't think formalities is needed and Lorcan, I know you knew why Dustin is in here," the professor said. I am the one who made the code. And I personally made it an easy one. I don't doubt his intellectuals but I'm still not sure about this guy considering his past doings. "Nice to meet you in person, Lorcan. I owe you a lot last time. And you as well," he said looking at my colleague who responded with a forced smile. "I hope I can pay it off by considering me being a possible member for your club," he said composedly. "Of course," I replied. "But you'll have to pass another one. We can't let someone in just like that." "Don't worry, I'm gonna do my best. Practice makes perfect right? For sure the two of you will guide me for improvements," he said as if he and I were that close. "Sir, you mentioned that 2 pm is the cut off, right? Only five minutes left, I doubt someone would still make it except me." "It's up to the club president if he'll cut of the time. Lorcan?" they all turned to me waiting for my decision. "If you only have 5 minutes left, will you just kill yourself before the time given to you is over? A no for me. And also five minutes is not even that long so why bother?" I can tell that Dustin was a bit surprised by my answer. "Alright, you said so." He replied grinning at me. You're not even that good hiding what you really feel. I can see through you and your motives. Suddenly, the door opened.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD