1452 Words
"What did she say?" "Well she didn't say much, just cried. Especially when I started passing along messages from her dead husband." I said as Devin came in. I had been sitting on the couch with the TV off in front of me. "She was married?" "Yeah, and he was cute... even if he was in his 40's." I added and she sat beside me. "Is Ivory home yet?" I asked finally looking over at her. "No, she was on the platform walking up when she called about 2 minutes ago. Are you okay?" "I talk to dead people, and even for a witch I don't think that is normal either." I said and leaned my head back. "Why does this happen to me?" I said and she just put her head on my shoulder, and I looked at her head. "Do you remember when I couldn't control my touch either? I would just bump someone, and the charm would make them follow me everywhere." She giggled and I smiled slightly. "That one guy was a creep... Tommy?" I tried to think of his name. "It was Phil." She told me sitting up. "Why is another males name passing your mouth right now mate?" Mark asked as he started trotting down the stairs. Someone was right behind him and I just looked at her. "Who is she?" I asked nodding to her. "Who?" "I knew I would be seen eventually." She said and ran towards me and I put my hands over my face. "No!" I screamed and looked to Mark. "My name is Raven, and I am his little sister." "I am not even going to dive into that pool of emotions right now." I said pointing at her and I looked to Devin who was looking where I was pointing, and then Mark was looking at me. "Who is here?" He asked and I took a deep breath. "Some woman, it doesn't look like she can talk." I lied and Raven walked closer to me. I backed up and then rolled my eyes. "Tell him that it is me... he doesn't know I am dead." She said and I looked at her. "You are crazy if you think I am the type of person to tell someone that." I told her and the people that were alive looked at me. "She started to talk." I explained. "Tell him, please. And tell him that it was an alpha." She said it slowly like I didn't know what that meant. "She says her name is Raven." I said slowly and Mark just scoffed. "The only Raven I know is my baby sister." He said and I just nodded sadly and licked my lips. "She isn't dead." "She is, and she said that you wouldn't know about it." I said and he just looked from me to Devin and she stood up, but he shook his head. "Raven is alive." "No, I'm not." Raven whispered walking closer to him and touching his cheek, not going through him but I knew he didn't really feel it. "I was murdered." She said and he gulped and looked around. "Why would she be dead. She would have called if she was sick, werewolves don't get sick!" He demanded and Devin got closer. "She was killed." I said and he glared at me. "If I find out you are lyi-" "Why would she lie about that? Mark, look at me." Devin cupped his peck in her hand and looked up at him, basically going through Raven and she backed off. "I don't know which alpha it was, but I could tell he was." She said coming back towards me and looking right at me. "She said it was an alpha, but she doesn't know which one." I said and looked at him and then back to her. "I am buried already." She added and I inhaled deeply. "What?" Mark asked focusing on me. "She said... how the f**k do I say that?" I asked looking at Raven. I felt my emotions rise again and the tears came. "Say what?" He demanded. "Take it easy Mark." Devin whispered and grabbed one of his hands and placed it on her belly. "Let her figure out this new power." She smoothed his chest out as his hands just made him inhale and exhale before nodding to me. "They buried her." I said slowly and covered my mouth. "Where?" I heard the growl in his voice as the tears fell from his cheeks. I looked over to Raven and she gulped. "I don't know where exactly, but I can lead you." She said looking to me. "She doesn't know the coordinates, but she can lead me there." I repeated and looked at her. "Was it my fault?" He asked and we all turned eyes to him. "Was it one of the alphas that I had to put back into place and they took her to get back at me?" "No... no Mark it wasn't you." She said more like shushing him. "She said it wasn't you. Why then?" I asked and she looked at me and shook her head. "That isn't an answer." I said and she sighed. "I pissed off a lot of people." She said and wiped her face. "How did you piss them off?" I asked and she nibbled her fingers. "Raven pissed someone off?" Mark asked and I looked at him and made a 'I don't know' face and looked back at her. "s**t, did you stumble on pack lands and just assert yourself there?" "No!" She said and I shook my head at him. "I might have slept with a lot of the free males at a close pack." She licked her lips. "I cannot say that to your older brother." I said and she just shrugged. "What did she do?" "Apparently she uh- got around." I said and even Devin looked at me with a confused face. "Got around, you mean the packs got tired of her moving around?" Mark asked and I looked down and shook my head. "I mean got around." I said with emphasis and gave Devin a look and she let her mouth drop before covering it. "I still don't get it." He said and looked between us. "Do you remember when they wanted to make fun of you because they were sure you were a virgin when we first started talking but you set them straight when you said that you just never had a serious relationship?" Devin asked slowly and then waiting. "Yeah but tha- Oh my god." He got it. "Raven Joelle Jacobs." He said and I saw her cringe. He moved to sit down, and he put his hands over his face. "She looks embarrassed." I offered and she sighed. "I was in heat." She said and crossed her arms. "I have to call my parents, get you somewhere safe," He held his arms open for Devin and she came and sat on his knee, "as well as Ivory while you come with me and my team just in case the buried her on pack lands." He said and rubbed his face and then his eyes. "I am in Colorado." She told me and I nodded. "She said that she is in Colorado." I said and he looked at me. "Last I heard she was in Portland." He said and ran a hand through his hair. "I was working my way back to Oklahoma, I missed him and Lewis." She said coming forward and kneeling in front of him. "She said she was working her way back to Oklahoma." "How long has she been gone?" He asked and licked his lips. "3 months." Raven said and I sniffled and looked at her. "Does she know?" He asked and I nodded. "Have you been waiting that long for me to see you?" I asked and she took a deep breath. "I've been following him around for 3 months, I waited for you to be able to see me." She said and I cupped my mouth. "She's been dead and following you around for 3 months." I said almost whispering and I took a deep breath. "And since you've been here, she has been waiting for me to see her." I said and looked at her as tears leaked out. "I have to make calls." Mark said standing up and walking out after setting Devin on the couch in his place. "You should go to dinner." He called back before going up the stairs. "Should we?" Devin asked and I shrugged. "I'll find you if I need to." Raven told me before jogging to catch up to her brother.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD