2878 Words
"Hey, I am going to go change so we can go out." Ivory said running in and passing both of us and running right upstairs mere minutes after Mark had gone up. "I am going to go and put some shoes on... and check on him." Devin said getting up slowly and I just nodded and curled up. "Hi again." I looked over when Raven reappeared, and she came towards me. "I understand that you don't want this gift." She said and came over to sit by me. I was a little curious why they could sit down and lean on walls but will fall through or walk through us humans. "I don't. I don't want to be the one who gives messages beyond the grave." I said shaking my head to answer her. "Do you understand how much you just helped me? I will be brought home. I won't be looked for a year from now when my parents and brothers realize none of them have spoken to me. When Mark is going to marry your sister and couldn't contact me... you saved them the pain of worrying." "I gave them the pain and knowledge of your death." I whispered and she nodded and sat forward. "If Devin had left, and you didn't know what happened to her wouldn't you want to know if she was dead or kidnapped and being tortured?" She asked and I just inhaled. "Just remember you have this gift for a reason." She told me and then looked upwards. "I am going to go and check on Mark." She disappeared and I just got up and started pacing. "What's up with you?" Ivory asked coming down in a white dress and a jean jacket with tan bootie heels. "I'll tell you at dinner." I said and she just narrowed her eyes at the same time as a door upstairs slammed shut and loud stomping came down the stairs. "I'll find you if he does anything stupid." Raven appeared right in front of me and I jumped back and just nodded at her as Ivory focused on Devin coming downstairs. "He is an absolute jackass." She grumbled out tugging on a jacket and I just looked at her and she didn't look a bit softened. If anything, she just hardened herself. "Let's go." She demanded opening the door and walking out. "Looks like you both have something to tell me at dinner." Ivory whispered to me and I just nodded. "Looks like it." I mumbled as we followed Devin down to the street. She was walking fast, and I knew it was only because she was angry. We walked into some restaurant all at once about 15 minutes later. It was getting chilly outside and I looked around seeing it busy. A teenager was looking over all of us and calling out stuff that was happening and she met my eyes and I just knew that she was dead. "You can see me!" She said and her face turned ecstatic and I blinked and shook my head. "No, please, I need you to tell my mother that I didn't mean to do this to myself." I took a hard gulp and met the young girl’s eye. "Please. It is killing her." She begged and tried to grab my hand, but it went through me. "Fine, which one is she?" I asked looking around the restaurant. "The one at the front desk... her name is Maria." She said following me as I walked back towards the front. "A? Where are you going?" Ivory asked and I just held up my hand. "Hi, are you Maria?" I asked and saw the girl nod. "Yes, how can I help you?" She asked with what I can tell was a fake smile. "I know this is going to sound crazy... but your daughter is here." "Mina." The dead girl piped in and I looked over at her. "My daughter is at school." She said and looked around where I had glanced. "Mina is here... I can speak to the dead; she wants me to tell you something." I said and she looked back at me with an open mouth and then around before closing her mouth. "Should we sit down?" "Mina?" "I know, and I am very sorry, but she is here... and she wants me to tell you that she didn't mean to kill herself." I said and she was already letting her tears fall and I reached out and rubbed her shoulder. "You can't know that." She said shaking her head. "Tell her that it's true... uh say that you know that she buried me with her locket, and instead of mine and Sofia's picture it was her and Sofia." "She said that you buried her with the locket you used to have, but you exchanged her picture with yours." I said and Maria cupped her mouth. "How?" "I can speak with the dead." I said and she automatically pulled me in for a tight hug. "Maria! What's going on?" A guy from the back asked coming out. "I think she needs the night off." I said and she looked back and forth between us. "You do, do you? Well I am the boss and she has missed 6 weeks of work in the back 5 months, she isn't missing anymore." I saw Mina walk forward and spit but like anything else she would do; it just went through him. But I got her message. "Are you saying that a grieving mother can't take time off?" I asked stepping up towards his. "She had her time to grieve." He spat and I narrowed my eyes. "Do you have kids?" I asked and he shook his head. "Well start grieving the ones you might have had." I said and moved my leg up and jammed it right against his balls and as he went down, I kicked him another time. "No one deserves to lose a child." I said into his ear as he started crying from the pain. "What are you doing?" Ivory asked as she and Devin walked back towards me. "We are leaving and never coming back to this asshole ugly little restaurant." I ground out and walked out seeing Maria smiling and mouthing a thank you while her dead daughter was cheering by her side. I stopped when she kissed her mom’s cheek and nodded to me one last time. She just looked up and I saw her 'beam' up and I just looked up. "What is wrong with you?" Ivory asked and I gasped and looked back around. "I think you need to sit down before I tell you this." I said and looked around. "Let's go to this one." I said pointing to the restaurant across the street. We seated ourselves this time and I put my head in my hands. "We are sitting down, tell us what that was about." Ivory demanded and I sighed. "Are you going to listen and believe everything I tell you right now and let me explain everything in detail?" I asked her right away and she just nodded. "I can see dead people... and I know that sounds like I am f*****g with you or just making things up, but I am not. Back there, I saw a teenager, she was dead, and her mother was the one who told us to just take a seat. She asked me to give her a message. And I did and she started crying and then the dude who I kicked in the nuts twice told her to basically suck it up." I said and she just blinked. I sighed and told her everything from this morning to Clarissa to what happened at home with Mark. "Mark is such a jackass." Devin whispered and I looked over at her. "Your turn, what happened?" I asked and she just started rubbing her belly. "He told me that I was just his pregnant mate and I couldn't tell him to do anything. All I told him to do was sit down on the bed and relax for a moment before he made the calls." She said and crossed her arms. "He said that?" "Well when I asked him to sit down he growled and I told him to relax for a minute he told me that I had no right to tell him what to do because I was pregnant and since I am his mate I was not above him to make demands." She said and I just looked to Ivory. "I think I win in the best day department?" Ivory tried and we both just looked at her. "You don't say." I muttered and sighed. "What happened to you today?" "I am going to be able to go to a seminar in 3 months to the youngest Nobel Prize Winner. His name is Valentino Clarke and he is a huge deal." She gushed and I looked to Devin for something and she just looked at me and then we both looked back to Ivory. "It is great news for me." She mumbled sinking down. Devin and I both cracked a smile and then when the waitress came and got our orders and then we talked about what was going to happen when Mark takes me to find Raven's body. They were going to go down to his old friend’s place for protection from whatever. We were on our way back when I jumped again when Raven appeared in front of me. "Oh, good you are on your way back... I think you are going to be surprised when you get home." She told me and then disappeared again. "What was that?" "Raven. She seemed way too happy for a dead girl." I said and rubbed my face. "But she said it was good that we were on our way home. I think something went right with Mark." I said and looked towards Devin who still had an angry face on. "Let's go." I sighed and Ivory and I both linked arm with Devin and pulled her along. "Ohhhhh we're off to the see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!" I sang along catching Ivory's tune and soon we were walking like they were, or rather skipping, all the way down the street. "You have to get packed." I looked up and saw Mark in the doorway and I just cringed. "I am not going anywhere... you can go." Devin said and I knew he must have said something towards her in their minds and I looked back to Ivory. "Devin, I don't have time to deal with you-" He had walked out of the house and towards us as well as went up the stairs. "Oh, I know you don't so just leave you disgusting jack ass." She seethed walked up and past him and he growled but I saw her raise her hand and snap her fingers. "Goddammit Devin!" He shouted as he tried to get back into the house. "I'll pack all of your shit." She called back as we made our way into the house. "Take down the f*****g block!" He shouted and I sighed. "Calm down Mark... you're the reason this is even happening so just apologize." "You don't tell me what to do witch." I looked at him from a couple steps away before walking towards where he was straining to get in. "You need to get a hold of yourself.... who do you need? Because I sure as hell don't need you Mark." I threatened getting in his face. I noticed his eyes were turning black and I just shook my head. "Your sister was worried about you by the way." I said turning and walking further into the house and into the kitchen grabbing a cup and getting some orange juice. "Why was she worried?" He asked and I sighed and walked towards the front. "Because I know she doesn't know how to handle this kind of news." Raven said appearing just behind him. "Because you don't know what to do right now." I said and he licked his lips and started pacing. "He has never lost anyone close to him... not like this." She said and I looked at her as she tried to reach out to him. When she touched him, he stopped and shuddered? "Did you feel that?" I asked him and he looked at me. "What was it?" "She touched your arm... you felt her?" I asked walking out and looking between them. "I felt something, on my arm?" He asked and looked at them. "Right here." I said and touched right near his elbow. "I don't know where I felt it, I just did." He said shaking his head and I backed away and looked towards Raven. "Tell him that he needs to apologize because what he said was wrong... and that I just smacked him." She said before doing just that. "Whoa." He said and looked shocked. "She just smacked you after telling me that you need to apologize." I said and looked at Raven. "Touch my arm." I said and held it out to her, and she just laid her finger on my hand. "I feel you like you're here... but the others... I didn't feel them; they couldn't even touch me." I said and looked at her. "I'm a princess or whatever... I have magic in me, wolf magic." She said and I just nodded. "As long as you can't possess me." I said and shuddered. I looked back to Mark who was concentrating on the ground and I knew he was trying to get Devin to listen. "I'll go talk with her." I told him before going inside and rushing up the stairs and pushing her door open. I didn't realize that Raven was following me until she went and sat on the thing at the end of her bed. "I am not talking to him. He had no right to say that to me." Devin declared and I sighed and walked towards her and pulled her into a hug. "You're having hormone problems again." I told her softly and she just started crying into my shoulder. "You're okay... just take down the barrier and let him in." I ordered softly and she wiped her face before snapping her fingers. I set her on the bed. "Take a nap sis... okay? You're tired, pregnant and your hormones are so out of whack." I said and brushed hair from her face. "Here comes Mark." Raven said behind me and I looked up as soon as Mark got in the doorway. He seemed hesitant before just walking in. "Let's leave them be." Raven said and I looked back at her. I watched Mark lay down just behind her, pulling her into his arms and kissing her head and I saw her nod and I knew she was finally listening through their bond. I smiled and walked out and into my room. "What's it like in Colorado this time of year?" I asked with a sigh and walked towards my closet. "It's cold... so pack your biggest coat." She said and I pulled out my biggest suitcase. I packed all of my socks, my hiking boots, jeans, some yoga pants, sweats, and all of my sweaters and long sleeves. "Do you know where we are going?" Ivory asked looming in my doorway, a worried look spread on her face, and I turned and waved her closer. "No... but if we know Mark, it will be someplace no one will even think about because you are going to be with his mate and baby... you'll be safe." I said and she sighed and laid down. "Are you worried about missing classes?" I asked her and she shook her head. "I can get all of them online anyways." She said and laid on my bed. "I just don't want you to get hurt." She said and I laughed. "If I get hurt, do you know how bad Devin will hurt Mark... he won't let anything happen to me, and I am sure we are going to meet up with the rest of his squad or whatever." I said and waved off her worry. "I want a call every night, so I know you are safe." She demanded and I just looked at her. "I don't think that I will be gone that long anyways. Just for a hike in the woods, help Raven." I said and looked over to the girl who turned and smiled at me. "I'll be back before you know it." I said and tapped her nose. "Promise?" She asked and held out her pinky. "Yes. Such a child." I said and linked our pinkies. "You are packed right?" I asked looking at her and she nodded. "Should we eat anything that might go bad in the next week just in case?" She asked and her eyes lit up. "Come on." I said and got up before we both raced to the stairs, pushing each other and I won. "I get first pick." I told her and walked towards the kitchen and opened the fridge.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD