THE TOP HUNTRESS 2

1157 Words
"Why did you do that to me, Sumire?" Maddox asked, his face was now void of emotion as he looked at his heart held by Sumire's left hand. Globs of dark blood throbbed, the remaining veins from the heart still pumping what they could. The thick crimson fluid dripping from the floor that it made a sound. Blood started to flow out from his chest that soak his upper garment but Maddox didn't care. Ace, on the other hand, who had regained their strength back, left their mouths hanging open as they couldn't believe what did they just witnessed. They were surprised to see Sumire's hand holding Maddox's beating heart and then they shifted their gaze to Maddox who had a hole in his left chest. It happened so suddenly that their brains stop functioning for a while. Ace and the others with him would not accept what Sumire did to their comrade. What if Maddox is not a modified Selten? He would have died immediately. But he has another heart so he wouldn't. "What are you?" Sumire asked in a cold tone looking unbothered at Maddox who was already bleeding from the side of his mouth. He was still on his knees and just like Ace and the others, he was trying to process what Sumire had done to him. What the woman he likes did to him hurt his feelings. Maddox couldn't answer, no words came out of his mouth as his brain suddenly stopped working because of what Sumire had done to him. He remained motionless and tried to synchronize everything that happened to his mind. "I don't want to repeat my question." Sumire added in a threatening tone again, when Maddox didn't respond to her question. "Selten Verminian." Maddox's calm response made Sumire smile and without uttering a word, Sumire squashed Maddox's heart with her hand. Maddox almost lost his sanity because of what Sumire did. Calib slightly lifted the left corner of his lips. Even if Calib doesn’t say it or even if there’s no emotion on his face, the others can now feel he’s happy with what he sees right now. Ace, on the other hand, prevents himself from switching and makes a mess that can ruin them all. He didn't want them to quarrel now, especially since they were few of them remained and there would be another deluge to come. So are Krauss, Rius, and Seven, they also restrain themselves. "A Selten Verminian who doesn't die after pulling the heart out of the chest. Damn lies." Sumire sarcastically said as she look at the smidgen of Maddox's heart that had slightly fallen from her palm. Suddenly what Narco did flashback to her mind again, if she wasn't mistaken, there were two hearts of every Selten that Narco killed. Every one of them has a heart in the left chest but their second heart does not seem to be in the same position. Sometimes Narco grabs it inside the head, feet, hands, neck, and other parts of the Seltens' body. Ace, Krauss, Seven, and Rius were a little antsy on their feet as if Sumire's critical gaze was looking for something across Maddox's body. "Where is your second heart?" Sumire asked as Maddox's eyes grew widened. "Ah, you know, I caught up with everything Narco did here in Central Exile. I saw how he grabbed the two hearts out of the Seltens' body. I saw how they ran, shouted, and feared Narco. I also saw how Narco ate their hearts. Maddox, where were you when the people here in Exile needed you? Where were you? " Sumire firmly asked him which made Maddox's face paled. Maddox remained kneeling in front of Sumire and staring at her hand full of blood where his heart was squashed heartlessly, he could no longer determine its deformity. "Maddox don't act like you're holding back yourself because we have more right to hold back now. Do you want me to hear your reason? There is no need. I just want to know where you were all when they needed you the most. I just need one word. Place." Sumire added that her gaze was cruising the entirety of Maddox's body again. It was as if she was looking for something worth crushing. Maddox still did not speak, he remain silent. How can a woman he likes be so heartless to him? A moment of silence broke inside the Castellon de Vania, the deafening silence between them intensified. After seconds later, dark particles appeared came out of nowhere and rush towards Maddox's place, and merges into his body. He was already emitting a dark aura, making him look menacing and foreboding. Suddenly, his eyes, which are now lifeless looking at Sumire's face, an emotionless stare darted on her. Nor did the scar around his neck appear and glowed into a dark purple. They all can see the faint dark particles circling Maddox, making him look like the Lord of darkness. Sumire frowned slightly when she saw how Maddox's whole eye turned black that her soul was reflected it, and the black liquid started to flow out from the man's eye. Everyone in the hall didn't feel anger or any form of negative emotion in Maddox’s aura to which they wondered. "What exactly is happening right now?" Calyx asked suddenly appearing next to Calib along with Four. They look at Maddox who was standing in a whirl of darkness that getting bigger and bigger. They could no longer feel the cold or heat around but they could see how countless formless darkness entered Maddox's body from outside the Castellon De Vania and entered inside and then went to Maddox's body which they could hardly see him now. They could hardly see Maddox because of the formless darkness that had entered him and continued to come. Sumire just stayed on her stance where she was waiting for it to diminish. Ace distanced himself from Maddox as well as Four and Calyx. But Calib stayed behind Sumire. The two just ignored the danger in front of them. "I just wanted a simple answer and this is the response I got," Sumire said to Calib who chuckled a little in amusement, he was standing close next to her. "If you ask me this is kinda rude." Calib brutally replied and Sumire just smiled at him while her pair of eyes focused on the smoke of darkness in front of them, looking sinister "Right." Sumire replied without taking her eyes off Maddox that she could no longer see his presence like he merges into the darkness that engulf him. "And I hope it's worth my patience waiting for him." Sumire added meaningfully, minutes later the formless darkness suddenly had red 6 eyes in front of Sumire but she remained unbothered, her eyes still looking for Maddox from there but the chances of finding his presence is futile. "Sumire." To be continued...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD