THE TOP HUNTER 1

959 Words
15 years ago ... Airenfall is a place in Central Exile where the family of one of the most powerful Seltens in Exile, the Mirk Clan famous for Dark Magic, comes from. An extremely dangerous and evil type of magic that is able to effect change by magical means that draws on malevolent powers, and may be used for evil purposes that deliberately cause harm in some way, to cause destruction or misfortune, or to injure and kill without regard or remorse for human life. This magic draws power from rage, hate, or fear. The family holds the darkest secret inside their Manor. Verminians think of them perfectly but behind the curtains, there are unspeakable things going on. Though dark magic is the attribute of the Mirk Clan, a baby was born in the Mirk clan whose magic is different from theirs, it was Maddox Mirk. When he was a child, Maddox was able to get everything he wanted. His family gives him everything he asks for. Everything was served in front of him and he had nothing else to do but to accept them. The Mirks have taken care of Maddox, he has had the attention of all the Mirks since he was born to the point that they have forgotten the existence of his twin brother, Leper Mirk. Maddox grew up unable to play and talk to his twin Leper. Even when Maddox approaches his twin, Leper automatically walks away from him indifferently. It was as if Maddox had a contagious disease. What Maddox doesn't understand is that all the Mirks even their servants ignores Leper's existence in their Manor, like he doesn't exist at all. To make matters worse, since Leper was a baby, Leper lived in the lowest and darkest part of the Manor. He rarely gets out of the mansion and even though he is not forbidden to stay in the upper part of the Manor, Leper still rarely gets lost in the upper house because he deliberately stays under the manor. "Young Maddox, you are forbidden to go to the lower level 10 of the manor." The servant scolded 5 -year -old Maddox when he tried to enter through the open large door of the lower level of the manor. Maddox stared at the servant badly as she forbade him from seeing his twin for almost 2 months without seeing him in the upper part of the manor. And that makes him mad. "I want to see my twin." The young man firms response and stare at the servant brazenly, the boy didn't realize that he had used magic to strangle her in the neck. The servant rose into the air holding her neck from something unknown force block her airways. The young Maddox did not take his evil gaze away from the servant until she was suffocated and the cold corpse fell to the floor. "Servant .." A young boy calls to the lifeless woman lying on the floor as it no longer moves. "You killed her." Maddox was even surprised when he heard his twin's voice. When he turned to look at his back hoping to see his twin brother, he could not see his twin's presence in the place but when he turn back to the front, Leper suddenly appeared and his face was very close to him. Maddox stared at his twin's pale face. His twin's eyes are odd, it's a big black hole that emits darkness. That's strange and different to him. Nothing can be seen from there but darkness dwelt in his eyes. Leper has no nose and his mouth is sewn with black thick thread. Its skin is so pale and thin that its lavender veins are visible to his body where the dark fluid cruises across from his body. His twin's blood is not red but black. "Why did you kill her?" Leper asked while looking into Maddox's eyes like searching for something in his soul. Maddox, who wanted to see his own reflection in Leper's eyes, was almost burst into tears. Maddox loves to see himself in Leper's eyes but he fails, because he seems to be just looking at the abyss and seeing nothing. But Maddox smiled big when he realize that his twin brother talked to him for the very first time. "You talked to me." Maddox said happily that he tried to hug his twin but Leper just disappeared like smoke in the thin air. "Don't come near me." Leper said when he suddenly appeared in front of Maddox but he was already at a distance. Far away from him. "Why?" Maddox innocently asked. "Because you're a monster." Leper's quick response made Maddox frown. How can he be a monster? "I must be the one saying you're a monster since you're different from us." Maddox's innocent response made Leper deeply sighs. "You're right, then don't talk to me again. Leper said as he walked towards the door barefooted. "But we are twins. I want to play with you. We should always be together because we are connected. We are basically one." Maddox responded by trying to convince Leper to stay with him. But it seems his twin's heart was made out of stone, he assumes that Leper didn't like him at all ever since they were born in this family. "We are two different things. We are not alike at all. And I will not accept you." Leper coldly said while holding the doorknob of the lower ground without looking at him. "What can I do to make you accept me?" Maddox asked his twin, his emotion has now prevailed over him. The moment Leper enters that door, he will never see him again. "Stop being a human." To be continued...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD