THE TOP HUNTER 2

1313 Words
Since then, Maddox has rarely seen his twin. He also did not try to go to the lower part of the manor because the door was gone from there and whatever effort Maddox looking for it, he could not find it anymore. It was as if that door no longer existed. "What do you want today?" Maddox's parents asked him with a gentle smile on his 10th birthday. There were many visitors to the manor that day as his parents invited so many visitors on his birthday. Maddox looked at his parents unemotionally for a mere second and then he looked at the Seltens in front of him and turned his gaze back to his parents again. "Will you really give me what I want?" Maddox asks assuredly. His parents nodded with a smile. Maddox was a little taken aback then he thought for a few minutes. Guests are also waiting for his answer. "I want Leper and me to be one." Maddox said as his parents' eyes widened. The visitors were also surprised by what Maddox said. Her parents did not know how to answer their child's wishes. "You can do that right?" Maddox added that his parents were still speechless. The guests began to murmur. Unpleasant chatters can be heard in the place. "That young boy." "Scary." "How can he say that?" "Is he raised like this?" "Is this the real him?" "Disgusting." Those are just a few of the whispers that can be heard in the crowd. The Mirk's butlers and servants have also been alerted. They did not expect what Maddox said as well. "Maddox ..." His mother calls his name meaningfully but Maddox seems to hear nothing. "Maddox." His mother called him again for the second time but he still ignored her. Maddox glared at the guests with a strange and indifferent look on his face. Everyone's opinion changed the moment he spoke those words. Maddox smiled with no emotion visible in his eyes. Because of what he said and the reaction of the guests today, he realized he was different. He still remembers how he was showered with flattering words by those people around him with their eyes full of admiration and adoration. "Very talented kid." "Exceptional skills." "Good kid." "He will be a top hunter when he grows up, am pretty sure." "Powerful." "Best kid of his generation." "I hope my son is this good." "I wish he was just my son." "You are perfect." He always hears those compliments which made him isolate further in the corner. They never try to understand him. They just look at him like a beautiful thing that is pleasing to the eye that needs to be showered with beautiful words. Young Maddox feels like he is in a big cage. And his twin Leper who doesn't talk to him as if he has a world of his own and is alone is Maddox's escape zone. He began to feel jealous of his twin brother, Leper. He tried several times to talk to him and approach him. He had done everything he could but he failed. "Maddox take it back." His mother whispered to him as everyone's whispers grew louder. His mother began to panic. His father was just looking at his son. The father did not know what he should feel but he was not angry with what he said but he was secretly happy. It looks like his son is ready to face the darker side of their world. "Hey Mrs. Mirk, Mama is giving this gift to Maddox. She couldn't attend because she's in Paristine right now for some important matters." Suddenly everyone's attention went to an 8-year-old girl looking so cute and pretty while holding a present who was accompanied by a creepy looking young man the same age as hers with his hands thrust in his little pocket. Her eyes are strikingly big and midnight black, with dark eyelashes hovered beautifully on them. Her nose is pointed and a little turned up at the end. Her complexion is fair with a subtle rosy glow around her cheeks. She's too pretty for a kid. Her stylish coiffure raven hair was braided and showered with white pearls. She was dressed in white and a pair of black sandals. This little beauty captures the attention of everyone with eyes full of adoration, that was the first time he had seen and met Sumire. Maddox's mother immediately accepted the gift Sumire brought with a genuine smile plastered on her face. Maddox stared at the girl in front of him. It didn’t even bother to look at him and didn’t seem to care. Maddox was also surprised at how the heavy pressure inside the manor disappeared and was replaced by admiration for the girl who grabbed everyone's attention. She stood in a crowd with proud and serene. "Thank you little Princess and also extend my gratitude to your mother." Maddox's mother then grabbed Maddox and gently pulled him closer to Sumire. "This is Maddox, my youngest son." The woman introduces her son to Sumire who is now looking at Maddox. "I've heard his name but this is the first time I've seen him." Sumire replied in a casual tone. She was just looking plainly at him. Maddox frowned when he didn't see any emotion in the eyes of the girl he was facing now. She's not mad at him nor not happy. He was sure she heard what he said earlier but young Maddox wondered why she didn't even react to what he said. "Maddox, this is Princess Sumire Caste Leone, the daughter of King Chaise. Show your gratitude to her." His mother gently said. Maddox took Sumire's right hand then kissed the back of her palm while looking her in the eye. "Little princess it's my pleasure to meet you and thank you for the gift." Maddox said sincerely and then Sumire withdrew her hand. "The gift came from my mom." The girl further clarified that everyone broke into laughter, and Maddox chuckle in amusement at the little girl as he slightly covered his mouth. "Thank you for the clarification." Maddox added. "You're welcome." Sumire innocently said. Maddox was about to speak but the boy with Sumire caught his attention. "Who is he?" Maddox's mother asked, she preceded him to ask. "Narco." Sumire replied sparingly as if that was all she knew about it. "Is he a friend of yours?" His mother asked again. "Possibly." Maddox stared at Narco with tattoos on both sides of its mouth towards the tip of its ears. Maddox backed away slightly when Narco suddenly grinned. He doesn't speak nor utter a single word but Maddox doesn't want the boy right away. ‘How could this hideous creature be with a beautiful and angelic princess like Sumire? I don't think he's a good kid. I feel the danger that surrounds him. ' Maddox said in his mind but he was surprised when Narco laughed then approached him. Since he was taller than him, Narco pulled his collar down so that his mouth could reach Maddox's ear. "Coming from you." Narco whispered then released his collar. "Happy Birthday older brother Maddox." Narco greeted him loudly and happily who applauded and everyone started applauding. "What's wrong with these two? How did they change the atmosphere earlier?" Maddox whispered to himself. He still wanted to talk to Sumire but he couldn't see her when his birthday celebration had already started. The guests forgot what he had said earlier. It was as if that scene did not exist anymore. It was completely erased from the mind of the guests in the place but not in the person he wanted to be one. It was Leper who was hidden in the corner of the Hall where Maddox's birthday celebration was held. "I will kill that thing." To be continued...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD