Chapter 1: In Love with My Sister-in-Law

1946 Words
Tan’s POV As I patted Ariana’s back lightly to help her fall asleep again; I turned around to spot the TV flashing the breaking news. I halted to watch it when I heard the excited voice of the reporter mentioning about Mr. Adrian Martin’s marriage. Who wouldn’t? Not everyone knew he was married two years earlier (except few of his important clients and family members). So, it was only obvious to see people in frenzy when the wedding ceremony played on the screen. It was shocking at first when Adrian asked to ensure that baby Ariana’s footage wasn’t leaked. “Under no circumstances, people should know I have a daughter and especially not how she looks like. Got it?” Adrian’s instructions were loud and clear and it took me a while to realize why he wanted that. I was proud of him now. Even at time of his marriage and the determination to make it known to the entire world; he hasn’t forgotten about his daughter’s safety. We know how that would have affected her childhood and there are ridiculous people outside who might try their best to get to him through Ariana. Don’t worry, he is worried the same for Sari but she’s big enough and has the entire force with her along with the force’s boss! Plus, he wouldn’t have a chance to flaunt her beauty if she was hidden; something he is very proud of. I can practically hear the shouts and cries of happiness and agony all around the world knowing Mr. Martin was now taken! ‘The most handsome and successful man has finally settled down.’ “Our heartthrob is now hitched with none other than the new sensational hit ‘Chase’ from the Livin’Dream.” Alice (one of the anchors of the news station) said it to her partner; Hailey. “Even I am heartbroken now looking at this lovey-dovey footage.” Hailey dramatically sighed. “It’s still surprising how a young lady is able to capture his heart- when the sexiest and hottest mature women from the fashion and entertainment industry couldn’t!” Hailey has a smirk and Alice seemed to finish her thoughts. “Looks like our heartthrob Billionaire is into young girls. Did you hear she was his student?”Hailey asked feigning her surprise when indeed they have done their own investigation and my blood boiled. That thing wasn’t supposed to be aired! Turning sharply, I speed dialed a number and shouted through it. “Get that down!” I made no attempt to explain what as the person on line understood it very well. Ariana stirred lightly when another pair of arms lifted her off my shoulder. “Mr. Martin—” I was cut off by Senior Martin who glared at me slightly. My eyes traveled back to the television where the faces of the lady masked within seconds and they were apologizing for their comment. The whole show was pulled down until deemed fit. I was furious because there were talks during the marriage as well (Of course not from our guests but during the preparation). I don’t like it a bit when they speak bullshit about Sari. According to them she was a… you know… I wouldn’t want to speak that word even. “You know Adrian wouldn’t have minded about that part.” Sr. Martin spoke giving me side glance but I lowered my head. “It’s just—” I was cut off by him. “Tan, you aren’t just an employee. You are my son as well, an adopted one but not less than Adrian. You’ve always been more sensible than Adrian. I have known you better than my own son. Do you think I don’t recognize your feelings? I am pretty sure Adrian does.” He said and I felt my heart race. “I am just looking out for her.” I answered with my poker tone and he shook his head lightly. “Whatever helps you sleep better!” After an audible breath, Sr. Martin turned around to leave. “I’ll bring Ariana later tomorrow. Take care, son.” He announced and I walked him to the door, caressing Ariana’s cheek before seeing them leave. Sighing loudly, I turned around and headed inside to sprawl myself on the couch. Closing my eyes, all I could recall was—Sari! “Arghh!” frustrated, I tried to focus elsewhere. Maybe a show or something might help. I flipped through the channels only to halt at MTV where Sari’s latest song was played. Instantly, my body relaxed. My pupil dilated watching her shake her head with a seductive wink and turning around to give a quick squat and slowly, sensually standing up. The body temperature started going up but soon my phone rang and I cursed watching the caller ID. Ms. Blackwater Swiping right the green icon, I shook my head mentally to shove Sari’s thoughts away. “Hey darling, how was the wedding? Sorry, I couldn’t make it but I sent my wishes to the sweet couple.” Molley gushed on the other end and I was still unsure how to answer her back. Actually, I am a terrible person to talk to. Molley could go on talking for hours without expecting any answer from me. The girl is now habituated and I am glad for that. Two months earlier, when she bumped into me in hospital corridor; I was unaware about her. She, on the other hand, made it her duty to keep bugging me about my shades which started pestering me. I was about to throw her away since she was being a b***h to Sari but it was Mrs. Martin who stopped me from doing it. Flashback “Tan, can’t you see that girl is actually attracted towards you?” Sari questioned and I raised my eyebrows at her. “What makes you say that? And if that is the case, I have more reasons to throw her away.” I countered but she gaped, appearing like those Anime character. Brown eyes widening with amazement and mouth forming a full ‘O’; she shook her head in disappointment at me. “I think you should give her a chance. Don’t you feel at times to have a woman by your side and maybe, some day, have a family of your own?” Her question sounded like it was what she wanted for me. Yes! I want it but not with Molley. Before Sari appeared in Adrian’s life, I was doing just great but then things changed with her arrival. It took a while and her presence started growing on me. When she married Adrian, a part of me was hurt. Don’t get me wrong but unknowingly, I started liking her. And now, whenever I watch Adrian and Ariana with Sari—only god knows how many times my heart screamed to have something like this. A beautiful woman by my side and a beautiful daughter in our life but… In my dreams the woman is Sari! I know it’s wrong, it’s highly wrong but could you blame me? These f*****g emotions are out of my control. You all know that I’ve done my best to love her like a brother should but sue me because it is difficult. And… I am tired of pretending. So, maybe her suggestion is welcome. Maybe, dating a girl might change these unwelcomed feelings for Sari. I think I should go for this. Molley is honestly beautiful but could she be like Sari? I doubt that! Sari kind of grew into this woman with Adrian. She was just a teen and I practically saw her mature. She is naïve, innocent and an angel. There could be no one like her. “You are such an amazing man, Tan. I am pretty sure you’ll be a best boyfriend and husband. Heck! I have seen how great you are with Ariana. Please, give yourself a chance. Have a family and get settled. Atleast, try.” She pleaded and my heart skipped its beat with her puppy face. How couldn’t I have given in? No wonder, why Adrian lost his heart to her. “I ain’t sure if it’s a great idea but I can try… isn’t it? For you?” Our eyes locked and she glanced at me with undecipherable emotion. There was awkwardness between us and I chuckled lightly. Her eyebrows scrunched together. “I am sure you won’t regret this, Tan. Also, Molley seems to be a fine woman. Promise you won’t mess it up on your part.” She hesitantly picked my hand and my heart raced wildly with her warmth. “Promise.” I muttered in a breathy voice and quickly cleared my throat. A breath-taking smile appeared on her face and I was in awe of her beauty. Reflexively, same smile adorned my lips but it stopped when Adrian appeared behind her and kissed her head. His eyes questioningly traveled to our hands before he glared at me. I immediately pulled my hand and stuffed them in my pockets to cherish her warmth on my palms. “I am so happy, Adrian! Our Tan decided to start dating.” Sari squealed and hugged Adrian with immense happiness. But my head repeated her words like an echo. ‘Our Tan’ ‘Our’ Tan… ‘Her’ Tan. Now I see how much she worries of my welfare. Adrian raised an eyebrow in query and I shrugged. “Mrs. Martin’s wish is my command.” I answered and Adrian’s lips thinned. Shit! What’s wrong with me? “Flatterer! No doubt why Ariana loves you so much.” Sari laughed, grasping Adrian’s arm and I just smiled. Seeing the two together; I honestly am happy but at times, I am jealous too. Flashback Ended “Hello? Tan?” Molley’s voice snapped me back to reality and I ran a hand through my hair. Dammit! When am I going to stop drifting? “Can we go out on a date or something tomorrow?” Molley’s hopes were high. “Sorry but we can’t. Ariana is here and leaving her alone is something I won’t do.” I excused but she sighed on the other end. “Stop making excuses, Tan. Earlier it was your work and now when finally Mrs. and Mr. Martin are gone you say it’s Ariana. She isn’t alone. She can stay with her grandfather and uncles. Why it should be you?” She shouted and I closed my eyes to calm myself. “Listen, I know how you are feeling about this but trust me, it’s not what you are thinking. Comm’on! She’s just a kid! She loves me a lot and I don’t want to leave her hanging when she is expecting to spend some time with her favorite uncle.” I refuted but she sneered. “f**k yourself, Tan!” and with that, she hung up on me. Her behavior irked me up! I told her beforehand what to expect dating a bodyguard. We ain’t exactly all romantic or time-givers. I told her that then why repeating the same thing? I think it was a mistake! This whole f*****g dating-thing was a mistake! “Damn!”I hissed in anger remembering the tone she used while mentioning Ariana. How dare she? Few weeks back, when it was her niece alone; Molley was crying in worry that she would be feeling lonely. I personally took time from my schedule to pick that five year old girl from her house and now when it was Ariana’s turn; I don’t know why she turned into a jealous b***h! My mood has worsened! That’s the difference between the two. Sari didn’t hesitate to take responsibility of her niece as me and Molley were meant to be on a date. Despite of her own date planned; Sari tagged Daniela with her. She dropped Ariana with Matt and took Daniela as that girl was feeling out of place. Sari canceled their date and took her to a restaurant before going to an arcade. I didn’t realize the anger replacing with a smile as I was staring at the stilled picture of Sari on the MTV screen. When did I pause on it? I don’t know… When did I start thinking about her? I don’t know… When did I start missing her? I don’t know…. I won’t ever say and nobody should know that I… I am in love with my sister-in-law! Fuck! How messed up, I was! I so badly wanted to be by her side that unknowingly, I had prayed. I had prayed for this and didn’t know that the day would come…   
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD