Chapter 3

1401 Words
Kaida POV      *I’ve made contact with a wolf* I sent out to my Beta and Gama *I think he’s part of Casey’s pack, he says he’s taking me to the Alpha. Follow close behind, but don’t let any patrols spot you, they’re using something to mask their scent, so be extra vigilant*       *They probably have a witch* Irene answered back through the mindlink *I don’t like this Alpha* Irene’s concerned voice rang out in my head.      *I understand your concerns, I don’t like walking in on this blind either, but that’s why you two will follow behind and you won’t get spotted, right?*      *Yes Alpha* they both answered in unison      I cut off the link, focusing all my attention on the wolf before me. He seemed jumpy and nervous, almost unsure of himself as he led me out of town and into the nearby forest. He kept glancing around nervously as if he could be attacked at a moment's notice. I was half tempted to command him to cut it out, but had to remind myself that I was playing the role of a scared runaway trying to escape the clutches of Kane.       “Is there something I should be concerned about?” I asked in as meek of a voice as I could manage to muster up, I tried to look scared and nervous, rather than annoyed and pissed off.       “I’m sure you smelt it already, but the vampires in the area are unusually aggressive” The wolf whispered out nervously      How had I let this pathetic wolf get the jump on me? He was scared of a few vampires?      “If one of them catches me and finds out I'm not human” the wolf continued, shuddering as he spoke “I don’t even want to think about what the Alpha would do to me, so keep up and for the love of the Goddess don’t let one of those bloodsuckers catch you, or it will be both our hides”      It took everything in me not to bust out laughing. It made sense now, he wasn’t scared of the Vampires. He was terrified of Casey, but why was my father setting up so near to vampires?       “We’re here” the wolf breathed out a sigh of relief as a few make shift tents came into view. It looked more like an army camp than pack lands, but I suppose it did fit Casey, and I can’t imagine he would be able to set up anything permanent with the council constantly on his tail, so I suppose it made sense that their pack was set up in such a manner.       We walked by a few curious eyes, cautiously observing me as the wolf lead me deeper into the camp. The distinct lack of any scent despite so many wolves in an area was deeply disturbing and unnatural, and there was something else about these wolves that just didn’t sit right with me, something seemed very off about them.       He continued to lead me around the maze of tents, heading toward a large tent, at least twice the size of any of the other ones in the camp.      This must be the Alpha’s tent Nikita snarled in my head, still very irritated from what had happened in town, and the silver searing into our wrists did nothing to help abate her anger.       Eagerly I rushed to enter the tent, anxious to finally talk with my father, when the wolf yanked on my bindings, pulling me back and forcing me onto the ground. I bit down hard on my lips, drawing blood, fighting every urge to shift here and now, and tear into the wolf for what he had just done.        He doesn’t know we are an Alpha, I kept reminding both myself and Nikita, we have been suppressing our authority and power since before we entered the town, he has no way of knowing. I repeated in my head over and over again as I sat on the ground and waited as patiently as I could to be allowed entrance into the tent.      As I sat there, I noticed a few more oddities about my father’s pack. Despite the numerous wolves that roamed about without a scent, I could start to smell the feint smell of rogues emitting from some of the wolves off in the distance, but none of the wolves present seemed bothered by it, I suppose he is known as the Rogue Alpha for a reason, but why would some be masked and others not?      It could be to mask their numbers, and make this look like rogue territory. Have a few run around like rogues would, so no one would suspect a whole pack in the area.      Yeah... maybe... but then they would run the risk of other packs coming to take them out simply because it’s rogue territory, and then discovering all of this.       I eyed the pack cautiously, noting the dangerous number of wolves and potentially rogue ones, all gathered in one area      And if these are all rogues... that’s a terrifying thought. Rogues have a tendency to go crazy and bloodthirsty after a while.      We didn’t      Probably because we were in Kane’s pack and Marked, but even we were starting to, or have you forgotten the incident with the pups already?      I chastised, still disgusted with what had almost happened, I wasn’t entirely certain that was solely from being rogue though...      And they are all in a pack like setting here, maybe it’s off setting it      “We can enter now” the wolf growled lowly, yanking me up and dragging me into the tent      He doesn’t know      Yes, but there’s only but so much more of this I will tolerate       She snarled in my head, and I couldn’t help but agree. This was getting ridiculous, who the hell did this pup take himself for, yanking me around like some rag doll.       We should put him in his place      We should put him in his place I echoed back absentmindedly, my canines starting to protrude, readying themselves to be sunk into the flesh of the wolf who would dare insult me.      We should kill him she growled lowly, tempting me further with images of the audacious pup falling limp between our jaws. My claws began to elongate, ready to shred the wolf who had dare bind them in silver, as the edges of the room started to fade into the alluring tint of red.       We should....      “What the hell is the meaning of this” A voice thundered out, snapping me back to my senses.  Quickly I retracted my claws and canines and closed my eyes, thankful no one had noticed the partial transformation that had been occurring. The wolf who had guided me all the way here, quickly shoved my face into the ground before I could get a good look of the wolf that had emerged.      “Why are you dragging pack wolves into our territory Xander?” The wolf thundered out, furious with the wolf who had brought me all the way here      “She claims to be on the run, looking for sanctuary” the wolf whimpered out, terrified of the man that stood before him.      “Use your brain s**t head” the wolf growled out, furious with his pack member “if she were on the run then why does she stink of another pack? And since when are Alphas on the run?” He growled out.       I could feel Xander start to furiously shake in fear beside me “Alpha?” the wolf whimpered out. Realization finally dawning on the poor pup.       How did this wolf know I was an Alpha, only another Alpha should be able to recognize me when I'm holding back my power...      no...       I jerked my head up, irritation and frustration taking over my rational thought as I took in the site of the Alpha that stood before me, the Alpha that was not my Father Casey. 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD