Chapter 3

1856 Words
The next morning when the sun had risen I slid from the bed to go and take a quick shower with Edward. Showers with my love were the best time for us to be alone in our house. Normally we would give each other attention during the night but since Resnemee slept with us we didn't really get the chance. When it comes to Vampires we rarely have to take baths because we don't dirty as quickly as humans do. We didn't have to worry about sweat, body secretions or anything of that type. Only when we felt like it we showered. Since I was used to taking showers twice a day as a human I needed atleast one shower a day, whether it be in the morning or at night. After I felt properly cleaned I got out and dried off before I hurried to my closet. Luckily I was able to tell that Renesmee was still asleep because I wasn't comfortable being unclothed infront of her. When it came down to being a mother I was still learning things. Rosalie reassured me that taking a bath with your child is a bonding time. She said it was normal and every mother did it these days. Maybe tonight I would ask Rose if I could use her oversized bath. "So I was thinking-" I began as I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans. "-We should go to our meadow." I pulled a shirt over my head and straightened out the creases and wrinkles before I stepped into my boots. "Well Rosalie wouldn't mind babysitting so once Renesmee wakes up-" I cut Edward off with a shake of my head. If I was going to be going to our meadow for the first time since I was married I wanted to take my daughter. So many times I had told her about the special place that only me and her father knew about but yet had I taken her to see it with her own eyes. "I was thinking we take our daughter with us." I suggested. Suddenly Edward turned his head towards the direction of the bedroom and quickly buttoned his jeans. I didn't need to be told to know that she had just waken up. I hurried from my closet and lifted her into my arms before I spun her around quickly. "How is my girl doing this morning?" I asked. Renesmee held up her hand but then dropped it. "I'm want to see grampa." She said clearly, her voice ringing like bells. My eyes widened slightly at the sound of her voice. This was one of the few times that she spoke instead of using her gift. Even though it wasn't the first time I've heard her voice it surprised me everytime. "Mommy likes hearing your voice." I smiled. "Do you really?" She asked me. I nodded my head. "Every syllable." Renesmee turned her head and her eyes lit up as Edward walked into the room from the closet. Renesmee reached her hand out towards Edward who then looked at me. "Renesmee, you won't be seeing Charlie today. Instead your mother and I are taking you to-" "-To see a surprise." I cut in. Edward smirked. "Well it seems your mother wants to keep the destination a secret." I loved giving Renesmee surprises and she loved them just as much. The only problem was Renesmee's undying curiosity and my weakness for giving into it. This time though I was determined as this surprise was a great one, my daughter would be seeing the meadow that her father and I spent so much time in. Renesmee held out her hand towards her father. "Your father knows better then to tell you the surprise." I giggled as I carried Renesmee into her bedroom to get her dressed. "Mommy, how come you and daddy don't have to wear clothes like me?" Renesmee spoke outloud. I zipped up her pink jacket over her white outfit. "Because you, missy, can get sick and being sick is no fun." I said to her before tapping her nose once. Edward came into the room and handed Renesmee a spill proof sippy cup and she immeadiately began to drink from it. "Don't spill on yourself." He said to her as I began putting her hair up. Whenever we had plans and not enough time to go hunting we would give her lion blood in a sippy cup so she could drink on the go. Missing out on a meal for her was completely out of the question. I had seen several commercials of children from other countries starving or not being able to eat a meal and I always promised myself that if I had kids I would make sure they had food to eat at the appropriate times. After Renesmee had finished drinking we headed out. Renesmee piggy-backed with Edward and I ran beside them. We manuevered easily through the forest and over the small creeks before we slowed down. With my powerful vision I was able to see the snow covered meadow from a mile away. It was as beautiful as it was the last time I laid eyes on it, if not prettier. The flowers covered in white fluff, and snow covering the ground. In the middle of the snow covered meadow something caught my eye. As we neared closer I was finally able to make reason of it. There dead center was a pond that was frozen over. This had to of been manmade by one of the Cullens because no one else could get this far into the forest without being disturbed by an animal. Just as we got to the mouth of the forest Edward set Renesmee to her feet. I watched her take three large steps into the meadow and stop to gaze around. Just like myself her eyes settled on the pond in the center and then to the bench beside it. Unexpectedly she turned around and smiled. "This is your meadow." She said happily. Both Edward and I smiled. "The exact same." I followed Edward as he walked to Renesmee's side. Slowly he crouched down before Renesmee and told her aunt Rosalie and aunt Alice put a gift for her under the bench that sat infront of the pond. She ran over to the bench and let out a excited shriek as she pulled out a pair of ice skates. "Is it safe for her?" I asked. Ice skates had sharp blades and since Renesmee was half human she could get hurt. "You think Alice would get Renesmee a pair of ice skates and forget about us." Edward smirked as he lifted me off my feet and carried me over to the bench. Just as he said there sat two pairs of skates that I knew would fit us. "Mommy, daddy, can I skate please!" Renesmee said as she jumped up and down repeatedly. I took the skates from her hands and patted the bench beside me. "Sit down and put your skates on." I told her. Without hesitating she obeyed. This gave Edward and I the oppourtunitiy to put on our skates. Once I had laced my skates I helped Renesmee, who was a bit slow when it came to tying her shoes. Finally, Renesmee would get to do something that normal children did and this made me happy as well as Edward -by the look of the smile on his face. Slowly we made our way onto the ice. I made sure to keep a hold on one of Renesmee's hands, and Edward the other. We slowly skated around the pond a few times. Renesmee stopped, bring us to a quick halt. After I let go of her hand she rose it towards my face. I bent over so she could reach me and bround her hand to meet my cheek. I saw her skating by herself on the pond. She wanted to try skating alone. "Of course, just be careful okay?" I said to her. Edward and I let Renesmee continue on her own while him and I continued together. We eventually lost track of time and soon the night began to come. It felt off. The air felt crisper, colder. My senses where registering something I couldn't yet see or understand. "Edward?" I said as I came to a stop. "Do you feel that?" I asked. Edward looked around and I felt him tense up. "What is it?" I asked him. I was being quickly lifted off my feet and sat on the bench by my husband. "Get your shoes back on quickly." He said to me as he removed his skates and slid into his shoes. As I removed my skates and was putting on my shoes I asked him what was wrong. He told me about the 'Eye' which was basically a point in Forks that got the worst of the weather all year around. During the Winter this place dropped below 0 degrees, at Summertime it got well over 80 and during the Spring it got the most rain. In Edwards own words I was sensing the sudden temperature drop. The 30 degree weather was dropping swiftly. I rose to my feet as Edward brought Renesmee into his arms. I picked up her boots and followed Edward as he took my hand. We had barely made it near the edge of the forest when Renesmee's lips were changing from its normal pink shade to a worrysome blue. The blue against her pale skin frightened me as I had only witnessed this once, on a tv show about a girl getting hypothermia. "I know Renesmee, we are on our way home right now." Edward said as he held her closely. Seconds later Renesmee began screaming. She was too cold. Edward stopped in his tracks and handed Renesmee to me while he removed his shirt to wrap her up. Following his suit I took off the leather jacket I was wearing and wrapped her a second layer. My head turned quickly to the left as I heard footsteps. Jake stepped out of the clearing of the trees and ran to our side. That's it, Jake. Without wasting another second I put Renesmee in Jakes arms. "You are like ice Ness." He said as he turned back towards the direction of the house. I took Edwards hand and followed. Please don't let her get sick, please don't let her get sick. I repeated to myself over and over. I knew how to take care of sick people but that didn't make the idea of my daughter not feeling well lighten up. I entered the main house just seconds after Jake and Nessie. I reached out for her and she held out trembling arms. "Ma-ma bath p-p-please" She said through chattering teeth. Rosalie headed upstairs to start the bath as I took Renesmee into my arms. "I'm so sorry sweetie." I said to her as I carried her upstairs. Renesmee touched her hand to my cheek and showed me that she had fun. "Thank you momma." She breathed.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD