Episode 7

1815 Words
/Axel’s POV/ I haven’t felt more delighted to be able to sit next to the princess and her group, we have similar feature, except from her blonde hair, not really blonde, like a pure-diamond hair, something I think she got from the queen, unlike how I expect her to be which spoilt, bossy…she’s actually quite nice to her group, she doesn’t treat them like the guards everyone said they were…they were all friends, my eye’s caught on his mate who had a frown on his face and a brow arched at me, he probably caught me staring at his mate. “Alex, be nice” The princess whispered to him and he forced me a smile. “So…how old are you?” The girl with Ruby hair asked. “24?” They all gasped and narrowed their faces at me. “How come you are just getting recruited to the academy, I don’t understand, you’re supposed to be a senior by now” Rose eye twinkled as she spoke and I must admit I got lost in those set of bottle green eyes, she had to shake me a little to draw me back from my little reverie. “Yerin” She tugged at my hand and I blinked myself to conciousness. She chuckled softly while other made knowing look, my face instantly warmed up from the embarrassment. “I must say, he’s already smitten by you…10 gold bet that they’ll mate before the mating season- “Pearl!” Rose cautioned while others just laughed and joined in. “I bet 13 that they will” The princess smiled. “5 that they will not” Ruby joined in and Rose expression changed, everybody’s attention now turn to Rose who just reached for the drink on the table. “Well, what fun will it be if there’s no one betting otherwise, 10 gold that they will not, they are more mature, I’m sure they will wait for the appropriate time and that’s the mating season, it’s the perfect time to bond” Garnet put in making the situation less awkward. “I can not believe you are all talking about mating right now, lunch’s time is almost over and I haven’t even had a proper food” Rose complained reaching for the rice, she was so beautiful eating. “Walk her back to our quarters, since we are endorsed senior of the school, we live in a separate quarters from the other seniors and ou mates always see us to back to our quarters, the girl who spoke was different and her look alone was compelling, she looks so elegant and stand out from all of the female angels at the table. “Hematite, don’t compel my mate” Rose frowned and I understood, she’s an angel from the Agapi family, an Angel of love…she could make me do as she wishes. “I’m not, I just have seems to draw attention, it’s not my fault” Even her voice could have anyone falling to their news, sweet and melodious. “Don’t look into her eyes Yerin” Rose warned and I nodded. The lunch was about rose and I, they wouldn’t stop asking me questions like how I grow up and to be honest, I’m not all that willing to share, like…my heritage, I still don’t know who my father is. “Your training and classes is going to start tomorrow…you’ll probably be busy most of the times” Rose was shy as she speak while I walked her back to their quarters, the others were in frnt talking about different types of things but I don’t even know what to talk about with her and seeing her act so shy and…cute, make me want to kiss her, why do I feel like ding that all the time, I couldn’t stop myself when we met outside the dining hall as well . “I will come see you-” I immediately cut in but she just chuckled. “I’ll come find you, you’re still a junior, you need to be on the training ground always and build your points if you want to graduate and join the angel warriors” She smiled at me and I nodded smiling. Then her eyes landed on my lips making my heart thump hard in my chest, I couldn't hold back from kissing her this time, I placed a soft kiss on her lips and shy away. “I’m guessing that is your second kiss” She smirked and my face grew warmer. “I’m glad to have you as my mate” She said and grinned. “Me too…I have no idea..I’ll have such- “Why are you two so awkward?” The most built guy in the group who happens to be Garnet spoke and I rubbed my neck not too sure what I should do or say, then I realised we were standing in front of what looks like a gate and guard post. “You’ll get the hang of it, it comes naturally” Jasper grinned planting a kiss on Pearl’s forehead. “So, wish you luck on your first recruit assembly, I hope you pass the selection process” The princess mate Alex smiled smugly. “What selection, I pass the entrance exams” My brows brows instinctively furrowed. “Well, because you’re now a recruit doesn’t mean that’s all of it…the selection is like a test, they test all the skills you have, archery, swordsmanship- “But I thought this year selections has been suspended because of the upcoming treaty between the demon and the angel realm, it’s going to be after…so get yourself ready, you’ll grouped according to your performance” The one named Morgan spoke for the first time before moving to pat me on the shoulders then he froze and his eyes glowed for a minute, then he turned to Rose, he forced a smile and backed away. “What did you see Morgan?” The princess asked with a worried expression on her face. Oh no! A time angel, did he see into my future my future or past, this is bad, I thought because if I’m really the king’s bastard like my mother thinks I am. “It’s nothing, don’t worry…you’ll pass the selection” He forced another smile and everyone who seem to be holding their breath sigh in relief, why were they so tensed if he was only going to peek if I’ll make the selection. “The selection is not a big deal, it’s to draw out angels that didn’t get in with their own hard work…and from what I saw, you are a hard worker…you have nothing to worry about” He maintained a wry smile and I was forced to believe him. “Okay, I should get going now” I scratch my head feeling Morgan’s eyes on me as I bid my new founded mate goodbye and head back toward the school yard, I felt uneasy about Morgan’s action though, he saw something and for the rest of my day, it kept troubling me, I looked around the premises, get familiar to the training buildings which was represented by strange element sign, I entered one that has a burning flame sign and l almost got hit by a fireball but one of the senior suddenly force the fire back unto her hands. “This is the third time a new recruit is walking unto the element training grounds, what is wrong with these new students…get out!” The female angel fumed and I scurried outside immediately, then I walked into another on represented by green tree “Wait, there’s a forest in here?” I was surprised how a forest was in a built in the room but I didn’t get an answer before a vine was suddenly holding me up. “It’s a new recruit” A senior with deep base voice emerges from the bushes then the vine throw me out making me land roughly on my back. “Is that the boy I sitting next to the phoenix group at lunch?” Few angel student walked past me while gossiping but I just             Stood and walked to the next element training ground, maybe this was what I wanted to be in the first place, the training ground was represented by a blue flowing spring, inside was a large flowing stream with steam around it and some students in blue attire practising complicated water manipulating skills, those are way complicated than those we learnt at the academy though, the way their hands moved over the water in sync, it was graceful watching the four students, two girls and two boys. “A new recruit?” One of them noticed me and scoffed. “You’re not supposed to be until after the selection boy” One of them speak and I was glad they didn’t throw me out like the rest of the hall I opened. “Um okay” I muttered leaving and heading back to my dorm, I get to see my roommates then and by the look on their faces I could tell they are already know who I am, one of them…a boy with long brown hair walked up to me and scoffed. “You just got into the school, you haven’t even passed the selection but you’re already hanging out with the princess group” Why do they all have this judging look on their faces. “One of the princess friends, Rose…is my mate” The announcement made their eyes bulged. “I didn’t mean to hang around the princess, I just found my mate” I rephrased and they exchnaged uncomfortable glances. “Wow, we are happy for you…there are a few angel warrior recruits that found their mates here, it’s surprising you found yours within the clique of the princess that’s pure luck” I wonder why they all assume the princess was special, there’s a possibly that I might also be a royale what’s up with them always those Royale’s special treatment, I really looked forward to challenging her one day, she can’t be that powerful, she might not be as powerful as they all portray her to be. “How’s the selection like?” I asked them as they all resume arranging their luggages and baggages. “Well, we all don’t really know…but it appears the most important aspect in the entrance exams and we already past that, the selection is to know what rank we’ll be assigned it’s nothing much” The Angel with ginger hair and brows smiled spreading a white sheet over his bed. “It wouldn’t that bad…for now, we are just going to be training for the selection…the real warrior training will start after our ranks are assigned” Another roommates of mine confirmed. -------  
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD